Saturday, June 27, 2009

What a Mess!

The following is an email I sent Kyle at work. He thought it was so funny he asked his boss if he could forward it to all his coworkers. I didn't think it was that funny at the time, but I guess it is now.

"I decided to let Katelyn go bare bum today to get her potty trained. She went potty twice this morning and of course her success twice last night. I stepped in the shower this morning and when I got out I heard Alison screaming and Katelyn crying. As soon as I saw her I smelled it. She had pooped in the corner with the books and apparently some got on her foot. She tried to wipe it off with her hands only to get it all over her hands too. She couldn't wipe it off so she came up to get my help. So from the bookshelf to our room there were footsteps of poo on the floor and of course she used the walls to balance herself so there were hand-prints of poo all down the hallway. She was really upset that she'd not made it to the toilet and that she'd made such a big mess so I didn't get mad at her, I just calmly wiped her down with wipes and then gave her a bath (with Alison's help). Mother of the year right there . I think had I yelled at her she would have been traumatized by the experience and it would have set her potty training success back. I spent around an hour cleaning the carpet in the living room, stairway, hallway and our room as well as cleaning the walls off. Unfortunately Alison's new book that she got from preschool graduation became a casualty of the potty training experience and we had to throw it away. Aren't you glad you're at work today?"
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Krystal said...

thanks for saving me 20 bucks on my birth control refill :) that's all the birth control I need!! j/k (Sorry about the mess... I don't know how I would've handled it... sounds like you did a better job than I would have!)

The Fusanos said...

What's with these kids pooping on the floor? At least yours was doing something worth while. Porter pooped all over our kitchen floor while he was deciding how to get to the suckers in the pantry...

Hansen Family Blog said...

At least for her is was an accident. When Melody was potty training she would intentionally poop and then paint with it on ehr walls in her room. It got to the point that if I hadn't seen her for more than a few seconds I was searching for her in fear that another poop masterpiece might be waiting for me to clean. Nightmare! This is why I have been so nervouse about really getting the twins going on the potty. I can't handle that right now.