Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of School


We finally had the first real day of school for Tyler and Alison. They were both so excited that they woke up early and were ready half an hour before school started. Alison went to Kindergarten this year with Mrs. Pugmire as her teacher. Tyler is in his first year of preschool with Teacher Joy. Last night we got book bags and clothes all ready and Katelyn started feeling left out. So she got her book bag that Gram gave her out and while we were preparing the other bags she got hers ready too (later I found her Fire Truck toy from Cars in it ready for show and tell :)). During the "New School Clothes" fashion show that Alison and Tyler put on, Katelyn put her Easter dress over her pj's and modeled for us.
When the time came to go, we all got in the car with the book bags (including Katelyn) and we were off. I (Hollie) thought I'd be so excited to go that I'd be giddy, but that wasn't the case. As soon as I got there and saw all the other kids I started tearing up and about lost it. Thankfully, I had some good friends (Christina and Sara) there who were very supportive. After I dropped Tyler off we had a little impromptu party at the park with some donuts Christina picked up. I think had I just gone home I would have bawled all day. Katelyn was really disappointed that she didn't get to go to school. She kept asking where Tyler was and when we were going to pick him up (funny she didn't ask about Alison). I guess they have a love/hate relationship where they fight like cats and dogs but don't like being apart.
Both kids had a blast. Alison did an alphabet hunt after reading "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", played with sand inside, and practiced writing her name. Tyler had show and tell (he took his Lightening McQueen car), painted a picture, and read a story. They can't wait to go back.
The pictures are mostly taken at Alison's school. The top left is of her and her friends (Lucy, Sammy, and Kirsten). The middle top is Katelyn at the park (she would not give up the book bag). The middle picture is Miriam, Brittney, Tyler, Alison, Lucy, and Katelyn all lined up waiting for school to start. The bottom left is Alison's Kindergarten class.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: